This guide will show you how to install, activate, and apply your brand to WordPress Portal plugin. With WordPress Portal, you can manage your projects and your business accounting in one place.
- Any version of WordPress installed on your server.
- PHP 7.2 or higher & MySql 5.3 or higher.
- SSL certificate installed on your domain.
- Redirecting all your website traffic to use the HTTPS protocol.
- allow_url_open function is enabled in your PHP configurations.
- WordPress permalinks set to post name.
- Disable your WordPress cache plugin and any varnish cache on your server.
Install WordPress Portal
After purchasing your copy of WP Portal, download the wordpress-portal.zip file to your computer. You have 2 ways to upload your WordPress Portal plugin.
1- Uploading via FTP
To install WordPress Portal via FTP, you will need to have your own FTP account (host – username – password – port) and an FTP client software like FileZilla.
- Unzip the wordpress-portal.zip file on your computer and open your FTP client.
- Connect to your website using your FTP account.
- On the remote site side, go to the plugins folder inside the wp_content folder [wp_content/plugins].
- Upload the unzipped wordpress-portal folder from your computer to the plugins folder on your website.
2- Using WordPress Plugins Installer
Open your WordPress admin dashboard by going to http://yourdomain.com/wp-admin and log in using your admin username and password and then go to the Plugins section from the navigation sidebar and do the following:
- Click Add New button on the main plugins page or from the left sidebar navigation underneath Plugins
- On the next screen, click “Upload Plugin” to upload your wordpress-zip.folder
- Then, click “Choose File” and select the wordpress-portal.zip file from your computer and click “Install Now”
- Finally, Got to your plugins directory and click “Activate” to activate your WordPress Portal plugin.
Flush WordPress Permalinks
Before activating your WordPress Portal or using it, you need to make sure that you have your WordPress permalinks set to post name to allow the Portal to work.
From your WordPress admin dashboard, go to “Settings > Permalinks” and select post name then click “Save Changes”
Check Your Portal Path for Errors
To make sure that you have all the system requirements and the portal is going to work without any issue, activate the plugin and then go to yourdomain.com/portal and make sure you don’t see any errors. If you see the “Unauthorized License” screen, that is good and you are ready to activate your license key.
If you see the following screen, this means you have something missing with your server configurations. Don’t panic, just enable the debug mode for WordPress and contact our support team to help you out.
To enable WordPress debug mode, simply install and activate WP Debugging Plugin and it will do the job for you.
Activate Your WP Portal License
After installing and activating WordPress Portal on your website, you will need to activate your license to start using the portal and you can do this using the license key that you have received with your order on wppacks.com or find it by going to “My Account” section on wppacks.com.
- From WordPress admin navigation sidebar, go to WordPress Portal page and paste your license key and your WPPacks account email address then click “Activate”
- After a few seconds, you should see a confirmation message for successful activation, and then the page will be redirected automatically to the WordPress Portal admin page where you can manage quick actions.